Saying Goodbye

Back to Article
Back to Article

Saying Goodbye

Josie Summers, Managing Sports Editor

As the year comes to the end, so does the last season of the Lady Fox Senior Athletes. Last Tuesday, the annual Senior Night was held and the girl’s Volleyball Team faced the Community Braves. To say the least, some tears were shed. Each girl was highlighted on her accomplishments throughout her high school career. Senior team players, Mckaelee Harris (Middle Front), Tristan King (Libero), and Lakyn Morrow (Setter), gave advice to future team members to aid in each girls’ success. All the words of wisdom were generally the same; seniors emphasized that high school goes by so fast and you have to take it all in before it’s gone. A couple of nights after the game, Senior players were interviewed to gain further comments on their experiences in high school. All girls said that their years of volleyball, although a thing of the past, were some of the best years they’ve had, but they also can’t wait to start the next chapter of their lives in college. King achieved “District Defensive Player of the Year” as a junior and spoke highly of her accomplishment. Each of these young women’s’ accomplishments came from the work put behind it. With every moment of hard work also comes the hilarious memories. Mackie (Mckaelee) said her favorite memory was, “When we were on our way to Wimberly trying to get on the highway, but ran out of highway to drive on. We were almost in the ditch, but we were fine.” Along with the funny memories, there also comes the feeling of regret. Morrow says that the one thing she would do differently is give her all 24/7.

All these great Caddo Mills players will be missed by the coaches and team next year, but next year’s team feels passionate and hopeful towards welcoming next year’s recruits!