All About that Beta

Staff Reporter - Melanie Schauer

Back to Article
Back to Article

All About that Beta

The National Beta Club is the largest independent, non-profit, educational youth organization in America. According to www.betaclub.org, “for more than 80 years, it has prepared today’s students to be tomorrow’s leaders”. The National Beta Club is an organization for 4th through 12th grade students in the United States. Its purpose is “to promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, leadership and service among elementary and secondary school students.”

On February 1st and 2nd, Caddo Mills High School Beta club members competed at the State Senior Beta convention in Grapevine, Tx.

The following students placed in the top 5 in their events and will be advancing to Nationals:

Rapid Response: Mackenzie Urban, Sarah Riner, Emma Press, Deja Rollins, Riley Madsen.
Woodworking: Cayden Davis (1st Place)
Onsite Painting: Rosalinda Espinosa (1st Place)
Poetry Division 1: Micah Fox (2nd Place)
Speech Division 1: Emma Press (2nd Place)
Poetry Division 2: Deja Rollins (2nd Place)
Spanish 11th: Tanya Soria (3rd Place)
Spanish 10th: Kay Dominguez (3rd Place)
Marketing and Communications: Jonah Bremer, Paige LaRocca, Maggie McGee, Landon Pattison, Joshua Rupe (2nd Place)

Anisten Wooten, Hallie Dancy, and Molly Anderson received the golden ticket to perform at the opening ceremony of the National Beta convention for their dancing skills!

The National convention is a great way for students to showcase all their hard work and to compete at a higher level with students from around the globe. This year, the National Senior Beta convention will be held in at the Cox Convention Center located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.